Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from a computer software program that I can no longer find. Makes a great picnic dish -- really, really good! Noone will guess the surprise ingredient: Coca-Cola
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion, thin sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Coca-Cola
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- In large bowl, combine garlic, parsley, sugar, oregano, mustard, salt, Coca-Cola, olive oil, vinegar, stir well until sugar dissolved.
- Add beans and shallots/onions, toss lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled.