Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was printed on a bag of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The combination of flavors is to die for. This recipe can be prepared ahead. Cover well, refrigerate or freeze and bake later. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator before baking.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed if frozen
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 12 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast; salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Thoroughly drain and squeeze any liquid from thawed spinach.
- Combine thawed spinach, feta cheese, mayonnaise and garlic.
- Stuff spinach mixture into chicken breast pockets, dividing equally.
- Combine flour and paprika and lightly coat chicken breasts.
- Wrap two strips of bacon around each chicken piece and place on a rack in a baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until chicken tests done.
I obtained this exact recipe from a cookbook, and we love it. It's a great recipe to impress company without a lot of work. Very good and worth a try.
Maybe six or seven stars. Just too wonderful. I used bleu cheese instead of feta to suit what I had on hand, and skipped the bacon altogether to cut the fat. Baked these bad boys in a spray-coated casserole dish, and sprayed a little more Pam on the top. You're going to love this. Try it.