- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Place skin side up in shallow casserole. Brush chicken pieces with butter.
- Bake, covered, at 375 for 40 minutes.
- Combine lemon juice, wine and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Cover and bake until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- Heat pan juices to boiling; stir in combined cornstarch and water. Boil, stirring until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve sauce over chicken.