Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 30 mins
This is a german roll recipe that my grandmother always served on New Years day.
Make and share this Grebbel recipe from Food.com.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until lemon colored.
- Beat whites in bowl.
- Whip cream slightly.
- Combine yolks, whites, and cream.
- Sift flour with baking powder (and soda if used).
- Mixed flour with creamed mixture.
- Put dough on floured board and work in 1/2 cup flour.
- Set aside in a covered bowl for 2 hours.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into strips about 3" x 5" and cut 2 slits in each strip.
- Pull dough through slits.
- Heat cooking oil, and fry on both sides until brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with sugar or powder sugar.