Recipe by gingerbaker
This was the crown jewel in my grandma's Thanksgiving meal. Best stuffing I have ever had! She would quadruple this recipe so we would all have stuffing to take home for the next day.
- 1 loaf white bread, dried
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb chicken liver
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 leaf celery (from 1 stalk celery)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' chicken livers in butter; mash while cooking. Add onion, parsley, celery leaves, mushrooms; continue saute'ing. Add all spices except sage.
- Wet dried bread; squeeze out excess water. Place in large bowl; add egg and sage. Mix well. Add chicken liver mixture; cook slowly on top of stove until heated through (1/2 hr).