Recipe by Cristi Hinten
I found this recipe on Pinterest. Honestly, this is the best pot roast we have ever had. My daughter cannot get enough.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- olive oil
- salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
- 4 -5 lbs round roast or 4 -5 lbs pot roast
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Rub roast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season.
- Next, rub roast with flour – this will help thicken the gravy in the crock pot as it cooks.
- Brown the roast on all sides in the heated skillet.
- While roast is browning place the remaining ingredients in the crock pot.
- Transfer browned roast to the crock pot and spoon sauce on top of meat.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 4 hours then increase time to HIGH for 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or your favorite vegetables.
- I have also made this roast ahead by following instructions except instead of putting it in the crockpot, I put it in a freezer bag and freeze. Can be put in crockpot frozen-may need to adjust cooking times by an hour or so.