Cristi Hinten's Note:
I found this recipe on Pinterest. Honestly, this is the best pot roast we have ever had. My daughter cannot get enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in skillet.
- 2Rub roast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season.
- 3Next, rub roast with flour – this will help thicken the gravy in the crock pot as it cooks.
- 4Brown the roast on all sides in the heated skillet.
- 5While roast is browning place the remaining ingredients in the crock pot.
- 6Transfer browned roast to the crock pot and spoon sauce on top of meat.
- 7Cover. Cook on LOW for 4 hours then increase time to HIGH for 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- 8Serve with mashed potatoes or your favorite vegetables.
- 9I have also made this roast ahead by following instructions except instead of putting it in the crockpot, I put it in a freezer bag and freeze. Can be put in crockpot frozen-may need to adjust cooking times by an hour or so.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greatest Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.2
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 187.4 mg
- Sodium 1444.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 64.4 g