Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the Company's Coming Salads Cookbook. It's excellent, and a main stay in our house. I can't eat onions or peppers so this salad is "plain" to many, but I love it. If I'm serving it to company I put the peppers and onions on the side in seperate bowls allowing the guests to add their own. I find this eliminates any problems and it also stops the salad from being drenched in the pepper and onion flavours.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 long English cucumbers, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1. Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing in a large measuring cup. Stir well and then allow to sit and mix while preparing the remainder of the salad.
- 2. Chop all vegetables and put into a large salad bowl.
- 3. Crumble Feta Cheese on top of vegetables.
- 4. Pour dressing on top, toss and allow to cool minimum of one hour.