Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best banana nut bread ever. The crusty top and moist center is heavenly. I'll never make any but this. I make it and give it out at Christmas as mini loafs to all my neighbors and friends. Everyone raves about it. You have to try it.
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml butter (1 stick & 1/4)
- 3 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml bananas, ripe mashed
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 828.06 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 354.88 ml walnuts, chopped
- Preheat Oven to 325°F.
- Lightly butter and flour two 8" x 4" loaf pans, or 6 mini loaf pans. Baking time for mini's 50 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in eggs one at a time, beating with each addition.
- Stir in bananas and sour cream.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts; stir into banana mixture just until combined.
- Pour into pans. Bake about 55-60 minutes for large loaf pans or 50 minutes for 6 mini loaves.
- Ovens vary - check bread with toothpick, when it comes out clean remove from oven - cool on wire rack.
Stop looking, this is the recipe you want This is the most moist recipe I've ever tasted. It's my go to now. Everyone is always asking me for the recipe. It makes a lot so you can make one and take one.
This bread is nummy and very moist. Made for Sweet December.
this is a fabulous recipe! I've prepared this recipe "the by the book" on many occasions. @ times, I've added 1/4 tsp cloves and nutmeg, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and reduced the walnuts to 1 cup. it NEEDS nothing and WANTS for nothing. IT'S DIVINE. thank you for sharing.