Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is the best banana nut bread ever. The crusty top and moist center is heavenly. I'll never make any but this. I make it and give it out at Christmas as mini loafs to all my neighbors and friends. Everyone raves about it. You have to try it.
Top Review by Linda A.
Stop looking, this is the recipe you want This is the most moist recipe I've ever tasted. It's my go to now. Everyone is always asking me for the recipe. It makes a lot so you can make one and take one.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1 stick & 1/4)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups bananas, ripe mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 325°F.
- Lightly butter and flour two 8" x 4" loaf pans, or 6 mini loaf pans. Baking time for mini's 50 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in eggs one at a time, beating with each addition.
- Stir in bananas and sour cream.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts; stir into banana mixture just until combined.
- Pour into pans. Bake about 55-60 minutes for large loaf pans or 50 minutes for 6 mini loaves.
- Ovens vary - check bread with toothpick, when it comes out clean remove from oven - cool on wire rack.