Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best banana nut bread ever. The crusty top and moist center is heavenly. I'll never make any but this. I make it and give it out at Christmas as mini loafs to all my neighbors and friends. Everyone raves about it. You have to try it.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1 stick & 1/4)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups bananas, ripe mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Preheat Oven to 325°F.
- Lightly butter and flour two 8" x 4" loaf pans, or 6 mini loaf pans. Baking time for mini's 50 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in eggs one at a time, beating with each addition.
- Stir in bananas and sour cream.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts; stir into banana mixture just until combined.
- Pour into pans. Bake about 55-60 minutes for large loaf pans or 50 minutes for 6 mini loaves.
- Ovens vary - check bread with toothpick, when it comes out clean remove from oven - cool on wire rack.
This bread is nummy and very moist. Made for Sweet December.
this is a fabulous recipe! I've prepared this recipe "the by the book" on many occasions. @ times, I've added 1/4 tsp cloves and nutmeg, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and reduced the walnuts to 1 cup. it NEEDS nothing and WANTS for nothing. IT'S DIVINE. thank you for sharing.
I made this bread on a Tuesday and the leftovers are still good Friday. This bread was delicious moist and one of the best Banana Nut Bread's I've had. I received tons of compliments from all who ate it. I will make this again in the future!