Recipe by kfreekave
This is a wonderful recipe given to me by my Aunt. Everyone in my family LOVES this bread and it's the easiest to make. The prep times includes rising time. I use a small juice glass as a cutter. They are the perfect dinner roll size.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 cup luke warm water
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yeast and the first cup of warm water in a non-metallic bowl. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixer. Add yeast mixture. Mix for 10 minutes.
- Spread dough onto floured surface. Pat out to desired thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutter for dinner rolls or hamburger rolls.
- Lightly grease pans. Place rolls in pan. Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.