Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I came up with this because my wife loves everything creamy, but has been told to cut down on the dairy. The potatoes break down and give a cream soup feel and taste. It's very simple, hearty and healthy. It's also easy to come up with variations. A food processor makes for easy preparation
- Simmer stock ingredients for an hour or two.
- Heat oil in soup pot and saute onions and celery on med.
- high heat until onions are transluscent.
- Add stock, carrots and potatoes.
- Simmer until carrots are tender and potatoes start to break down (about 1/2 hour to an hour).
- Add water to desired consistency.
- Remove a few cups and puree with a blender and return to pot.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add additional vegetables and simmer about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Yum! A good filling soup for winter days and very easy to make. The only change that I made was to use home-made (salt free) vegetable stock instead of just the plain water. .. and since it was listed as a "Vegetable" soup I also of course left out the beef bone .. also so that my vegetarian MiL could join us. Please see my Rating system, 4 lovely stars for a tasty veggie soup that we had for dinner and which I had twice for lunch. Thanks!