Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I've never tried to give measurements for my gazpacho recipe so here goes nothing. This is always a favorite. The cooking time is chilling time.
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cubanelle pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 slices dry Italian bread or 2 slices dry French bread, broken into pieces
- 2 cups tomato juice or 2 cups v 8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
- cucumber, seeded and diced
- green pepper, seeded and diced
- hard-boiled egg, diced
- green onion, finely chopped
- ham, diced
- potato chips, broken into small pieces
- garlic-flavored croutons
- In two batches puree all ingredients in the blender together until smooth.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve in small bowls or mugs with any or all of the garnishes available at the table.