Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Very nice sugar cookie! Not too sweet, nice and soft, but sturdy. The mix is a super great idea for a gift!!! Or make the mix to have on hand to quickly make great sugar cookies when needed or to let the kids make something easy.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
using 2 cups mix above add
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (OR 1/2 teaspoon lemon flavoring OR 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring)
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons cream
- Cookie MIX Directions.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in bowl.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Spoon into gallon size resealable plastic bag.
- *Makes 6 cups.
- SUGAR COOKIE Directions (using mix).
- Beat egg, flavoring and milk in bowl.
- Add 2 cups of the cookie mix from bag.
- Form into a ball.
- Turn out onto generously floured or sugared surface.
- Roll to desired thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutters into desired shapes.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet in 400 deg. oven for 7-8 minute until edges start to turn light brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cool.
- Frost and decorate as desired.