Recipe by Pinedog Pineapple Person
This is my dad's specialty. This great thing about is it's so easy, a very flexible dish, and always make a perfect steak, even out of a very cheap cut!
- 4 New York strip steaks (This is just a guidline. You can really use any steak.)
- seasoning salt (I like Lawry's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Unwrap steak.
- Sprinkle first side of each steak with desired amount of seasoned salt.
- Rub salt into meat using fingertips.
- Flip all steaks over and rub in more seasoned salt.
- Put aluminum foil on broiler.
- Turn broiler on and wait one-minute for broiler to warm.
- Put steak directly on foil on broiler.
- Turn timer on for 9 minutes (for thick steaks, less for thin ones).
- When timer rings, flip each steak and set timer for another 9 minutes.
- They will be medium, cook for more or less if desired.
- Take out steaks and enjoy!
- Serve with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and bread (preferably sourdough or pumpernickel) if you want to make a meal.
- This recipe can also be done on the grill.