1/3 Photos of Great Steak
Pinedog Pineapple Person's Note:
This is my dad's specialty. This great thing about is it's so easy, a very flexible dish, and always make a perfect steak, even out of a very cheap cut!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 New York strip steaks (This is just a guidline. You can really use any steak.)
- seasoning salt (I like Lawry's)
- 1Unwrap steak.
- 2Sprinkle first side of each steak with desired amount of seasoned salt.
- 3Rub salt into meat using fingertips.
- 4Flip all steaks over and rub in more seasoned salt.
- 5Put aluminum foil on broiler.
- 6Turn broiler on and wait one-minute for broiler to warm.
- 7Put steak directly on foil on broiler.
- 8Turn timer on for 9 minutes (for thick steaks, less for thin ones).
- 9When timer rings, flip each steak and set timer for another 9 minutes.
- 10They will be medium, cook for more or less if desired.
- 11Take out steaks and enjoy!
- 12Serve with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and bread (preferably sourdough or pumpernickel) if you want to make a meal.
- 13This recipe can also be done on the grill.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Steak
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.4
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 215.4 mg
- Sodium 138.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 54.8 g