Recipe by Chef BST
This recipe is so good and spicy enough for flavor but not too spicy for my young children to eat. This was originally created for a chili cook-off, so it makes a lot. You could scale down to make a smaller pot
- 5 lbs ground chuck
- 3 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) jar hot salsa
- 1 vidalia onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup diced pickled jalapeno
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) mccormick's hot chili seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop Vidalia Onion.
- Brown Ground Chuck with Onion in a large pot.
- Drain off the fat.
- Dice the Red, Orange and Yellow Peooers and combine with Ground Chuck and Onions.
- Combine all remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 hours.