Recipe by tgrace_831
My Dad loved this when my aunt fixed it years ago and we still make them. Fried, soft biscuit tacos that you fill with all your favs. or open up and eat like an "Indian Taco" style.
Top Review by Junkintrunk
these went over really well at my house. I didn't fry them and can't really see any benefit to. My father insisted on the recipe. I would definitely make these again. the possibilities to fill these is endless. I'm thinking jam and then dusting them with powder sugar after baking. Yummy.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 20 small biscuits
- 1⁄2 head lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 8 ounces salsa
- 8 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice Onion, Brown Ground beef with onion in skillet. (save some onion for topping if you would like). Drain and add seasoning if desired. Stir in about 3/4 C shredded cheese. Cover & let set.
- Cut up toppings while ground beef is browning or have a friend do it.
- Flour work area. put 2 small biscuits together & roll out to aprox. 5 inches. (do serveral at a time) Lay rolled biscuit on hand, fill with a spoon of ground beef mixture. Fold in half & crimp sides together. Repeat with remaining biscuits and beef. Heat about 1/2" Oil in large skillet. Place "taco" in oil & brown on both sides and bottom. Drain on paper towels. Open carefully at crimped top and fill with favorite toppings & salsa or just eat like they are.
- Usually 2 tacos per adult serving, kids 1, my Brothers friend 10!
- *Note my mom usually rolls & I fill & fry!