Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
From RecipeSource.com by Dolores McCann and Mary Billersen. This cookie is amazingly soft but holds shapes well. I made cookie pops with large cutters and it held up well. Don't work with all the dough at once. Divide into small chunks to reduce overworking the dough.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, milk and flavorings.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Turn dough out on to well floured surface and knead an additional 1/4 cup flour into the dough.
- Place dough in plastic bag and chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheets (only this once) On a well floured surface, roll dough to 1/4" thickness.
- Flour cutters well and cut dough into shapes.
- Bake until golden brown (10 minutes?).