1/7 Photos of Great Pumpkin Cookie
Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
These are big delicious cookies. It's also wholesome because it's made with pumpkin. The kids will love making up different faces on each cookie. Make these cookies with your favorite goblins, and they'll gobble them up before you can say BOOO!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- assorted color icing or peanut butter, for decorating
- assorted decorative candies, for decorating (gumdrops, candy corn, M & M's)
- raisins, for decorating
- nuts, for decorating
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 3Cream butter and gradually add sugar beating until light and fluffy.
- 4Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- 5Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition.
- 6Stir in chocolate chips.
- 7For each cookie, drop ¼ cup dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet and spread into pumpkin shape using a thin metal spatula.
- 8Add a bit more dough to form stem.
- 9Bake 20-25 minutes or until cookies are firm and lightly butter to affix assorted candies, raisins and nuts mixing them up to make different faces.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Pumpkin Cookie
Serving Size: 1 (3594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.0
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 252.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g