1/1 Photo of Great Potato Soup
This recipe is so easy. My mom used to make a big batch of this (she would doupble the recipe) and it would last for a couple of days. My whole family loved it. Now I make it for my own family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cube Velveeta and meat into bite size pieces, place to the side.
- 2Peel and quarter potatoes.
- 3Cut onion into pieces no larger than a quarter.
- 4Boil potatoes and onions until the potatoes are soft.
- 5Pour 1/2 of the water in the potatoes out.
- 6Pour milk into pan, add cheese and meat, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 7Add chives and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8This soup tastes better the longer it stands and is super the day after it cooks.
- 9Be careful as it has a tendency to scorch if you cook it to fast.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 838.9
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 132.3 mg
- Sodium 1950.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 34.2 g