Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have been in search for the best peanut butter cookie for quite some time, and I do believe this one to come close to it. Try it and see what you think. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening (plain)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature (no substitutions)
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter or 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped peanuts (preferably roasted) (optional)
- Set regular oven at 375°F OR (preferably convection oven set at 350°F).
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, cream shortening, butter, peanut butter, and both sugars with an electric mixture until mixed; add in eggs, beat until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir/mix into the creamed mixture, mix until well combined.
- At this point, the chocolate chips or chopped peanuts may be added (if using).
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Remove from fridge; roll into 1-1/2-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for about 8-9 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown (watch closely, these cookies bake quickly, don't over bake).
- Note: 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips OR 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts (or both) may be added if desired, but only add 1/2 cup of each OR 1/2 cup total of both combined, or cookies will not bake properly.
I was craving peanut butter cookies and I made this recipe.I really enjoyed it,the things I did different was - add 2 t of vanilla,no peanuts,I made some plain(no chocolate chips added)into round balls baked for 8min then pressed miniature kisses into them right away.The rest of the batter I divided into 2. 1 1/2 I added choclate chip the other no chips.It was great.BonZeybabe