Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is an alternative to fried buffalo wings and strips. This recipe is baked and is a low fat meal. The sauce is not too hot and its not too weak, its just RIGHT!! Hope you enjoy!!!
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 3 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce, divided
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon no salted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons no salt ketchup
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Whisk buttermilk and 2 tablespoons each hot sauce and vinegar in large bowl until well blended.
- Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place bread crumbs in shallow dish.
- Mix remaining hot sauce and vinegar, garlic powder, brown sugar, butter, and ketchup in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture. Dip chicken, 1 piece at a time, in crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat.
- Place in single layer on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. (Discard any remaining buttermilk mixture and crumbs.).
- Bake 40min.;flipping halfway through.
- When done pour sauce in a good size bowl and put tenders in also and toss the tenders and sauce around in the bowl till the tenders are all coated.
- Serve with celery and ranch dressing if you choose to do so.