Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 slices crisp-cooked bacon, drained and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour or until done.
- Cut a slice from the top of each potato and discard.
- Scoop out the inside, being careful not to break the skin.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the potatoes with 3/4 cup of the cheese, butter, salt and a dash of pepper until fluffy.
- Fold in 3/4 of the crumbled bacon.
- Pour mixture into potato shells and place in shallow baking pan.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of cooking, top with remaining cheese and bacon.