Recipe by dicentra
This is really good! It is a bit garlicky. Serve with good, crusty bread.
Top Review by yamakarasu
I love this soup! It's a really great change from the other soups that I've had. I used kidney beans and black beans and threw in some extra frozen vegetables as well as more cumin, soy and some extra herbs to give it a little boost. Thank you for a great recipe! I also agree with the other review that while it was nice without the lemon, the lemon juice REALLY makes this soup. Don't forget it!
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- In a saucepan, sauté the onions and other veggies in the oil until tender.
- Add the beans, broth, orange juice, soy sauce and cumin.
- Cover and simmer until everything is tender.
- Add lemon juice and serve hot.
- Sprinkle the tops of the bowls with chives.