Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Fix It and Forget It Lightly. Slow Cooker. Serves 6
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Place beans, tomatoes and sugar in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 2 ½ hours.
- Stir in peppers. Cook on high 30 minutes longer.
What a nice soup this turned out to be. I followed the the recipe, except I added a little chopped onion and a can of vegetable broth. It did'nt seem like soup without it. I definitely will save this to make again.