Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Good ole comfort food for a cold winter night!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can mustard greens, drained
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, such as McCormick Mesquite Grill Mates
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil and add sliced sausage to lightly brown. Add carrots, celery and onion. Cook 5 minutes until wilted.
- Add the remaining ingredients to pot except the greens and parsley. Cook 15-20 minutes.
- Add greens and parsley and cook 10 more minutes. Serve straight up or over rice with cornbread.