Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Take the labor out of homemade potato pancakes. No one will notice the difference! These are easy and delicious. Prep time does not include thawing.
- 30 ounces frozen potatoes (country style shredded potatoes, only potatoes nothing else, 0 fat)
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Pour potatoes into large bowl and thaw about 1 hour.
- While still very cold add onion and egg's, stir in eggs until blended.
- Stir in baking powder, flour and salt.
- Heat some oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Shape 1/2 cup in hand and place in oil, pack and shape gently with spatula.
- Cook 15 minutes on each side. I like to cook mine slowly to ensure potatoes are cooked and evenly browned. The less they are moved the less they tend to fall apart. Check them gently every 5 minutes When browned evenly carefully flip them, repack with spatula and cook 15 minutes more.
- Drain on paper towel 1 minute.
- Transfer to warm serving dish (I like to keep mine in the oven set at 200°F).
- Do several at a time, don't overcrowd, you will need to do them in batches.
- Serve with sour cream, applesauce or gravy.
these didnt work for me they fell apart i followed the recipe as directed dont know what happened they tasted good but dont think i will try again
great!!!easy enough for a busy MOM