1 hr 15 mins
Chef #183236's Note:
Fantastic for dieters. High in fiber and taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery & leaves, minced (6" long)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 2 quarts tomato juice (I use home canned - low sodium)
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1In large skillet with a little water added to it, brown together meat, diced onions, minced celery, minced garlic, chopped parsley and tomatoes.
- 2Drain well, pat until dry with a paper towel.
- 3In a large pot, add browned skillet items, and remaining ingredients.
- 4Simmer for about 1-2 hours.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste prior to serving (optional).
- 6This makes about 4 quarts of chili with a 1 cup serving size.
Browse Our Top Winter Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Winter Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Low Cal/Low Fat Chili
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 231.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 12.7 g