Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fantastic for dieters. High in fiber and taste
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery & leaves, minced (6" long)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 2 quarts tomato juice (I use home canned - low sodium)
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- In large skillet with a little water added to it, brown together meat, diced onions, minced celery, minced garlic, chopped parsley and tomatoes.
- Drain well, pat until dry with a paper towel.
- In a large pot, add browned skillet items, and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for about 1-2 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste prior to serving (optional).
- This makes about 4 quarts of chili with a 1 cup serving size.
This was way to bland for our spice loving paletes! It could be improved with lots more spice. It is not your recipes fault, we just like our food to bite back, LOL!