Recipe by spacholl
A super lemony cake for those that love lemon flavor. I found this in our local news paper.
Top Review by alligirl
This was a tasty lemon cake, and very moist. I think the lemon glaze helped to make it moist. I did change it up a little. I baked mine in 2 9-inch pans and poked small holes in the baked cakes, so the glaze would permeate. I then frosted with recipe#198332, which was a great compliment. Thanks so much for sharing, spacholl.
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 85.04 g box gelatin (lemon-flavored )
- 4 eggs
- 177.44 ml salad oil
- 177.44 ml water
- 2 lemons
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- With electric mixer at medium speed, beat the cake mix, gelatin, eggs, salad oil and water for 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan.Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- While stillwarm, punch holes with large fork over entire cake.
- Topping: Finely grate the rind from the 2 lemons,then squeeze out the juice from both.
- Put the powdered sugar in a small bowl and mix well withthe lemon rind and juice.
- Pour over entire surfaceof cake.