Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
One thing I'm known for are my wings. This is a great recipe. I, of course, add more hot stuff for our tastes :) From TABASCO PEPPERFEST COOKBOOK. Allow at least 1 hour for marinade time.
- 16 chicken wings
- 118.29 ml salad oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml honey
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cane syrup or 29.58 ml dark corn syrup
- 14.79 ml Tabasco sauce
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 1.23 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Cut off and discard bony wing tips.
- Cut remaining wings in half.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Marinate wings in this mixture 1 hour in refrigerator, then grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently.
We had problems with our bbq so we cooked the wings in the sauce in the oven then did a quick crisp on the bbq. I used Chipolte Tabasco sauce but didn't find these wings spicy at all - the little one even enjoyed them.
We loved the hot spicyness of this sauce. I used it to marinate two chicken breasts and they were unbelievably moist and tender after grilling. I thought perhaps this might be a bit sweet but it wasn't at all. I'll bet it's really outstanding on wings, Cookiegirlandi.