Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
- Split the roast into two breasts.
- Pull back the skin and liberally season Cajun blend.
- Replace the skin and wrap in plastic.
- Refigetate 8 to 24 hours.
- Soak the toothpicks in water for about 30 minutes before taking the turkey out of the refigerator.
- Use the picks to tack the skin in place so it stays in place during grilling.
- Place the turkey on a preheated grill over low heat and cover.
- Turn about every 10 minutes.
- Apply your best Barbecue sauce for the last turn.
- Remove from the grill at about 160 degrees.
My review is for the cooking method presented in this recipe. I used a brined 6lb turkey breast (#78515) and this grilling process worked perfectly although I didn't find it necessary to use the toothpicks. The 45 minute cooking time was right on. Delicious, fork-tender and juicy.
This was very tasty and moist! Thanks for the tip about splitting the turkey. It worked great! We went real liberal on the cajun spices and ended marinating it for the full 24 hours. The combination of the spices and sauce sounds basic, I know, but the flavor was yummy! thanks for a siimple, great techniuqe and recipe!