Top Review by sugarpea
My review is for the cooking method presented in this recipe. I used a brined 6lb turkey breast (#78515) and this grilling process worked perfectly although I didn't find it necessary to use the toothpicks. The 45 minute cooking time was right on. Delicious, fork-tender and juicy.
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the roast into two breasts.
- Pull back the skin and liberally season Cajun blend.
- Replace the skin and wrap in plastic.
- Refigetate 8 to 24 hours.
- Soak the toothpicks in water for about 30 minutes before taking the turkey out of the refigerator.
- Use the picks to tack the skin in place so it stays in place during grilling.
- Place the turkey on a preheated grill over low heat and cover.
- Turn about every 10 minutes.
- Apply your best Barbecue sauce for the last turn.
- Remove from the grill at about 160 degrees.