1/2 Photos of Great Greens With Cashews
Sydney Mike's Note:
Here a salad with a bit of crunch! The recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens' Fresh and Simple Vegetable Dinners cookbook(let).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews, salted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1FOR DRESSING ~ In a food processor or blender combine 1/2 cup of the cashews, water, garlic, salt & onion powder.
- 2Cover & blend until mixture is smooth & creamy. It will thicken as it blends.
- 3Stir in lemon juice & set aside.
- 4FOR SALAD ~ In a salad bowl toss together the greens, tomatoes, peas, raisins & green onions.
- 5To serve, divide among 4 serving plates or salad bowls.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining cashews & drizzle dressing over each serving.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Greens With Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 342.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 10.0 g