Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple yet amazingly tasty chicken curry--even for non-curry lovers. I whipped this up last night, after reading several different recipes for green chicken curry.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 -3 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk (less 1/2 cup for marinade)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (preferably no salt or sugar or oil added, but reg is okay)
- Combine lime, pepper, salt, turmeric, 1/2 cup coconut milk in dish or ziploc bag. Add cubed chicken, stir to coat, and marinade in refrigerator for 2 hours-overnight.
- Heat a large pan over med-high heat. Add oil, and when hot, add onions, garlic, ginger, and curry paste. Stir and cook until onions start to get soft, then add chicken cubes and marinade to pan. Stir and cook until chicken is surface cooked (does not need to be cooked through).
- Add remaining coconut milk, palm sugar, fish sauce, and lime zest and bring to a simmer for 10-15 minutes (make sure palm sugar has dissolved). Stir in peanut butter until well combined and return to simmer. Add water chestnuts, stir well, and serve over rice.