Recipe by ChefDLH
This recipe is for green beans and potatoes that is so yummy. Now it could be made better with more butter, bacon grease, etc but to keep it at 3 pts for Weight Watchers it needs to be as written. It is super good. My mother in law is very picky and she liked it a lot. My kids who won't eat garlic usually had seconds. The secret ingredient is the sugar as small as it is so don't leave it out. Tastes good with yukon gold small potatoes also. This recipe came from an internet site a while back and the original creator was unknown then. It has been a favorite. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- water, to cover both the potatoes and beans
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (don't skip even on a diet, it really makes the difference)
- 1 lb very small red potato, washed well, skins on
- 1 lb fresh green beans, stem ends snapped off, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon garlic, in a jar, to taste or
- 2 -3 fresh garlic cloves, minced very tiny
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- additional salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Start the water, salt and sugar to a boil while prepping the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes as soon as they're prepped, cover and let cook until nearly done. (Actual time will vary based on the size and density of the potatoes. The tiny potatoes took only about 20 minutes, others longer.)
- Add the beans, return to a boil and cook for about 7 minutes or until the beans are well-cooked but still bright green.
- Return to the hot pot and toss with garlic and butter. Add salt if needed.