Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this from an allrecipes.com recipe. One of our favorite ways to have green beans.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Drain green beans, reserving liquid from 1 of the cans.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in reserved liquid.
- Place beans & bouillon mixture in a saucepan.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, butter, garlic & pepper.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Serve beans with juice.
My Husband and I enjoyed this recipe. We really liked the garlic in this dish. Thank you for the recipe.
This was just OK for us. I was looking for a different side dish using canned green beans. This was a simple side dish to make and uses ingredients I normally have on hand. Not sure what it was but it was either the worcestershire or soy sauce that we found a bit overwhelming for us.
We love green beans, garlic and soy sauce, so, ideal combination! Easy to put-together, and the family loved this dish. My DD actually made it while I was busy with other things, she's taking the recipe back to varsity with her! I made it to accompany Land Lubber’s Paella , also by RedWonder, thanks for a lovely supper! Made for PAC Fall 2008