Recipe by yooper
This recipe was the $200 winner in the "Canned and Frozen Vegetables" category in the Feb 2002 issue of "Better Homes and Gardens". Very tasty, and so easy to prepare!
Top Review by MichelleL71
Easy and tasty recipe for green beans... one of the few veggies everyone in my family eats. I only used a 14.5 oz can of tomatoes (Italian stewed tomatoes because that's all I had). I think a 28 oz can would have been too much tomato for us. Left out the olives too. So it was probably a bit more of an Italian flavor than Greek. I think I'll use regular diced tomatoes next time. Thanks... it will be a "regular" recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes, olives, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add beans.
- Return to boiling.
- Boil gently, uncovered, about 8 minutes or until desired consistency and beans are tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with feta cheese.
- If desired, serve with a slotted spoon.