Recipe by TMoney
Another from great great aunt Jessie's file. This one dated October 2, 1949. These definately are not low fat! It was served with roast beef, yorkshire pudding, baked apple, and lace cookies! No cholesteral counts going on in 1949, eh?
- 6 whole bell peppers
- 1 lb american cheddar cheese
- 2 pimientos (or more)
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred cheese with the pimientos and add the bread cumbs, seasoning and milk (or cream), blending well.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- Drop the shells into boiling water and cook two or three minutes or until the peppers have lost their crisp texture.
- Fill with cheese mixture and place in a shallow pan.
- Add enough water to the pan to cover the bottom.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until the mixture has set.
- Don't fill the pepper cases too full since the filling swells with cooking.