Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great great aunt Jessie copied this one from a paper dated August 18, 1949. It sounds interesting and I may try it on a really hot day when cooking over a stove is not on my top ten "fun things to do" list.
- 6 tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- cauliflower, buds
- Scald, peel and chill tomatoes.
- Carefully scoop out the inside out of the tomatoes.
- Remove the seeds from the pulp and chill all ingredients.
- When ready to serve mix chicken, cucumber, tomato pulp and nuts with the mayo.
- Add salt if needed.
- Fill tomatoes and arrange on lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with parsley and cauliflower buds.
Aunt Jessie was on to a good thing. Fresh tomatoes and cucumbers are fabulous together. Now that we have access to both, you really need to make this salad. I made it according to Aunt Jessie's recipe, except I used smoked chicken which added a nice contrast to the the veggies. Thanks so much for sharing all of your Aunt's recipes. You definately need to try this one soon! :-)