Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Found this scribbled on a slip of paper in Great Great Aunt Jessie's recipes from the 40's and 50's. I am copying her scribblings here for preservations sake. I have not made these so I do not have exact times to share.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (or scant cup granulated sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup broken nutmeats
- Work 1/2 cup butter till creamy, 1 cup brown sugar- cream 1 cup or scant cup granulated sugar.
- Mix well and add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Sift 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon soda and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter.
- Add to first mixture.
- Then add 1/2 cup broken nut meats.
- Pack in bowl and put in refridgerator to cool slightly- then make out in rolls.
- When very cold, slice and bake in temperature of 400*.
- 8 minutes.
- Aunt Jessie then scribbled"probably 15" to which I have no clue what that is referencing.
A tasty little cookie this is, I used a variety of nuts for it and it had a light buttery flavor and the nuts were great. I think if the nuts were toasted before hand it would be even better. Made for Fall PAC 2009.