Recipe by TMoney
Another selection from my great great aunt Jessie's recipe scribbles. I copy them exactly as she wrote them. I have not tried these but keeping for preservations sake. I do not have exact prep or cooking times to share, I would ask, but Aunt Jessie doesn't talk much anymore. She passed a long long time ago. Recipe yields as much or as little as you put in it.
Top Review by cst1996
I don't cook oysters but my friend requested them. I tried this recipe and he said they were just like his Grandma used to make and could not get enough. He absolutely loved these!
- 15 -20 select oysters, shucked and rinsed
- 1 cup cracker crumb, finely rolled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten plus
- 1 teaspoon milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup deep fat (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oysters on some paper toweling so that some of the moisture may be taken up.
- Roll in cracker crumbs then slightly beaten egg and milk mixture, then in cracker crumbs.
- Fry in deep fat when the test is given for uncooked foods allow to fry until brown.
- Place on brown paper.
- Salt and pepper and serve while hot with tarter sauce and garnish.
- I had to put measurements in to get recipe approved but her notes do not have measurements; Use enough oil to deep fry and as many oysters as you want to serve per person.