Recipe by TMoney
This is from a newspaper clipping that my great great aunt Jessie glued to her scrapbook of recipes. Another recipe on the page shows a date of 1938 so I can only assume it was published close to that year. It's actually very similar to my famous rib recipe!
- 2 lbs spareribs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat or 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup chili sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Have spareribs cut into serving portions.
- Place in baking pan; bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Chop onion; brown in fat or salad oil.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, water, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook slowly 20 minutes.
- Pour over spareribs; continue baking 1 hour.