Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is from a newspaper clipping that my great great aunt Jessie glued to her scrapbook of recipes. Another recipe on the page shows a date of 1938 so I can only assume it was published close to that year. It's actually very similar to my famous rib recipe!
- 2 lbs spareribs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat or 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup chili sauce
- salt and pepper
- Have spareribs cut into serving portions.
- Place in baking pan; bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Chop onion; brown in fat or salad oil.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, water, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook slowly 20 minutes.
- Pour over spareribs; continue baking 1 hour.
Excellent! I put it under the broiler for 5 mins and made it crispy. WOW!!!
I love this recipe im sure i have had it before, but even the other reviews and the description makes it sound delicious!!!! Yum-O!!
I did the sauce with Country Style spareribs. As I am not a big fan of ketchup, this had a nice blend of taste. I would do this recipe again!