Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a great gravy to make in a pan that you have already browned steaks in. You need the juices and "bits" for extra flavoring. Cut this out of a magazine years ago and have been using it ever since. It's a favorite in our house!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 medium minced shallots
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 package knorr brand bearnaise sauce mix
- fresh ground pepper
- Melt 1 Tbls.
- butter in skillet that steaks have been browned in.
- Add shallots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, scraping up browned bits.
- Boil until reduced by half.
- Add cognac and boil 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk in butter 1 piece at a time.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare bearnaise sauce according to direction on package.
- Whisk into other sauce.
- You can use either sauce alone if you prefer.