Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love the combination of hot and sweet! This is something I created playing around. Great on a cracker!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red grapes
- 1 (12 ounce) can ginger ale (I like Vernor's)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 7 cups sugar
- 6 -8 small Thai red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) packet liquid Certo
- 1. Clean and stem grapes. Mash in botton of pot.
- 2. Add water.
- 3. Bring everything to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until grapes crush easily (maybe 10 minutes).
- 4. Pour through a sieve and lightly crush in sieve to get juice. Measure out three cups.
- 5. Pour juice, ginger ale, sugar, and chiles into pan. Mix everything together well.
- 6. Set stove to high heat and while stirring costantly bring mixture to boil.
- 7. Add certo liquid and stir continuously. Bring to a heavy boil and let do so for a minute or until jel is ready.
- 8. Take off the stove and pour into ready jelly jars and seal.