Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a sweet, moist and very tasty bread recipe. It is so easy that my kids make it by themselves for homemade lunches to take to school.
- In large mixing bowl combine warm water and yeast. Stir with fork until yeast is dissolved.
- Add sugar and stir some more.
- Add oil and salt and stir.
- Add the flour and mix by hand or with a mixer with a dough hook.
- Shape into a loaf and place it in a greased loaf pan.
- Let rise until double in size. About 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying nice warm homemade bread.
The bread was good with something else, ie i made bread bowls for chili, but the loaf itself is very bland and tastes like im chewing on yeast and flour
Mm mm...quite delicious on its own. It's a good thing, because when I sliced my loaf, the slices had a gigantic hole in them, so I couldn't use the bread for sandwiches. Don't let that detour you though, the bread was very tasty, and I probably just got unlucky. Thanks for posting!