2 hrs 20 mins
This is my GG's recipe for the most amazing comfort food around: Pot Roast. It has been updated throughout the years by numerous family members, but one thing remains the same: it is always fabulous! This particular version is done in a roasting bag and yields quite a bit of gravy. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Remove roast from packaging and rinse. Season with salt and pepper to taste, as well as the Worcestershire Sauce.
- 3In 6-quart saucepot, brown roast over medium-high heat.
- 4Add the onion soup mix, hot water and merlot.
- 5Transfer into a large Reynolds Roasting Bag.
- 6Once in the bag add the barbeque sauce, potatoes, boiler onions and carrots. Make sure everything is well 'coated' and seal the bag with a nylon twist tie.
- 7Place the roasting bag into a shallow roasting pan. Poke 4 or 5 holes into the top of the bag to allow for venting.
- 8Bake for approximately 2 hours at 350 degrees. After 2 hours turn off the oven and let the roast sit for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great-Grandmother's Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 944.6
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 181.4 mg
- Sodium 494.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 64.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless round roast
Lipton beefy onion soup mix