Recipe by babybuffalo
This is my GG's recipe for the most amazing comfort food around: Pot Roast. It has been updated throughout the years by numerous family members, but one thing remains the same: it is always fabulous! This particular version is done in a roasting bag and yields quite a bit of gravy. Yummy!
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 lbs boneless round roast
- 2 ounces Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup merlot
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 8 -10 peeled boiling onions
- 3⁄4 cup whole baby carrots
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove roast from packaging and rinse. Season with salt and pepper to taste, as well as the Worcestershire Sauce.
- In 6-quart saucepot, brown roast over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion soup mix, hot water and merlot.
- Transfer into a large Reynolds Roasting Bag.
- Once in the bag add the barbeque sauce, potatoes, boiler onions and carrots. Make sure everything is well 'coated' and seal the bag with a nylon twist tie.
- Place the roasting bag into a shallow roasting pan. Poke 4 or 5 holes into the top of the bag to allow for venting.
- Bake for approximately 2 hours at 350 degrees. After 2 hours turn off the oven and let the roast sit for about 20 minutes.