Recipe by ~*Sarah*~
This is a recipe that I got from my grandmother who in turn got it from her mother. GG Blanche was part of a card- playing group and whenever she hosted would make these waffles for the group she played with. Doubles and freezes wonderfully.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separate whites and yolks
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using whisk or whisk attachment for mixer, beat egg whites until they form stiff, white peaks and set aside.
- Shift together all dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl beat egg yolks and add milk.
- Using paddle attachment for mix or by hand, mix together egg whites, dry ingredients and yolk/milk mixture.
- Once completely mixed, cook in waffle iron per manufacturer’s directions.