Recipe by Sous Me
This is an old family favorite. The secret ingredient is the sour cream which creates a very soft cookie. I always receive lots of compliments on these cookies. I do not remember exactly how many cookies this makes, but it is quite a lot.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 4 ingredients (dry ingredients) in the sifter and set aside.
- Cream shortening & 1 cup of sugar.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Sift in the dry mix a little at a time. Mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate until cold (1 hour).
- Mix 1 cup sugar with 3 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Mix in sugar/cinnamon mix with cookie dough.
- Drop a spoonful of cookie mix on a baking sheet. Dip a glass and water and press the dough to make a round cookie. Repeatedly wet the bottom of the glass to keep the dough from sticking.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.