Great-Grandma's Scalloped Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease an 8" square glass baking dish and cover bottom with a layer of crumbs.
- Place a layer of sliced hard boiled eggs, then sprinkle with crumbled bacon, dot with a few bits of butter, then repeat this layering process, finishing with a layer of buttered crumbs.
- Pour cream, milk or half and half over the whole dish until it comes about halfway up the side of the dish.
- Place, uncovered, in the oven until heated and browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- Serve over buttered toast, bagels or biscuits.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
- Joanie's Note: This is good served over hash brown potatoes too!