Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, submitted by Jill Sullivan. We tried it for our New Years meal, and liked it very much!! So simple, few ingredients and tasty.
Top Review by Acerast
This was a great dish to start out the New Year - delicious! I am always looking for simple dishes to make for weeknight meals and this one would work well. The prep was simple yet yielded a lot of flavor. With green beans and rye bread it would be an easy meal. Although it is great as it is, I would add a few ingredients for extra flavor next time I make it - a chopped onion, a sprinkle of caraway seeds and maybe a bay leaf. Thanks for sharing this one Colorado Lauralee.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless pork, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sauerkraut, with juice
- 1 apple, cored and chopped with peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork and brown.
- Add the sauerkraut with liquid, then add apple.
- Stir until all are simmering, then lower heat and cover.
- Let simmer for 1 hour or until pork is cooked through and tender.
- Supposed to be the main meal of the first meal of the year, to provide a prosperous new year.