Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, submitted by Jill Sullivan. We tried it for our New Years meal, and liked it very much!! So simple, few ingredients and tasty.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless pork, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sauerkraut, with juice
- 1 apple, cored and chopped with peel
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork and brown.
- Add the sauerkraut with liquid, then add apple.
- Stir until all are simmering, then lower heat and cover.
- Let simmer for 1 hour or until pork is cooked through and tender.
- Supposed to be the main meal of the first meal of the year, to provide a prosperous new year.
This was a great dish to start out the New Year - delicious! I am always looking for simple dishes to make for weeknight meals and this one would work well. The prep was simple yet yielded a lot of flavor. With green beans and rye bread it would be an easy meal. Although it is great as it is, I would add a few ingredients for extra flavor next time I make it - a chopped onion, a sprinkle of caraway seeds and maybe a bay leaf. Thanks for sharing this one Colorado Lauralee.