Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I can remember Grandma always making these delicious cookies. They are sweet with the taste of honey.
- Cream shortening, sugar, and eggs.
- Add honey and extract, mix well.
- Add baking soda and one third of the flour.
- Mix well then add another third of flour and mix well.
- Add last third of flour and mix well.
- Add the nuts and mix.
- Grease cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Cool slightly before removing cookies from cookie sheet. ENJOY!
Needed a couple more minutes than indicated here - but declared delicious by all who tried them (especially the little kids) and you can really taste the honey. Thanks for this recipe!