Recipe by Vandy Wright
I can remember Grandma always making these delicious cookies. They are sweet with the taste of honey.
Top Review by JennyMidget
Needed a couple more minutes than indicated here - but declared delicious by all who tried them (especially the little kids) and you can really taste the honey. Thanks for this recipe!
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (your choice) or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening, sugar, and eggs.
- Add honey and extract, mix well.
- Add baking soda and one third of the flour.
- Mix well then add another third of flour and mix well.
- Add last third of flour and mix well.
- Add the nuts and mix.
- Grease cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Cool slightly before removing cookies from cookie sheet. ENJOY!